K12 Learning Coach University™
At K12 we recognize the importance of the role of the learning coach and are here to support you. Over the last 16 years we have been collecting feedback and suggestions from learning coaches and building resources to help you in your online learning journey.
Throughout the year you will find the most up to date resources on this site, and in the Online School Announcements. Keep watching for updates as new information and sessions become available.
Live sessions can be found by clicking on the calendar page, and on-demand resources can be found the recordings page.
FOUNDATIONAL KEYS TO SUCCESSFUL ONLINE LEARNING
1. Learning Coach mindset about education and virtual learning shapes the students experience.
“Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you are right.” Henry Ford
“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” Wayne Gretzky
“The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.” Michelangelo Buonarroti
Check out this K12 Learning Liftoff Blog about the topic of "Mindset Theory" - view blog by clicking here
2. Time management and organization are vital to success. Consistent routines that commit to efficient use of time during the school day will improve your experience.
“Either you run the day, or the day runs you.” Jim Rohn
“The key is not to prioritize what is on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.” Stephen Covey
Check out this K12 Learning Liftoff Blog about the topic of "Scheduling Tools that Keep Parents Sane" - view blog by clicking here
Check out this K12 Learning Liftoff Blog about "7 Proven Tips to Save Time in Your Kids Morning Routine" - view blog by clicking here
3. Stay on track. If your student falls behind or is struggling, notify teachers or administrators immediately to help your student get back on track.
“The best way to get something done is to begin.” Unknown
“Procrastination is the thief of time.” Edward Young
4. There is power in support. In addition to your school community, you and your family are now part of the extensive network of K12 families. Leverage this support and ability to connect with others at your local school and nationally.
“We can do anything we want if we stick together long enough.” Hellen Keller
“Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher.” Oprah
“Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.” Henry Ford
“What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other?” George Eliot
Check out this K12 Learning Liftoff Blog about the topic of "Parent Support in Online Education" - view blog by clicking here
5. Stay dedicated and disciplined. There will be some hard days for both you and your student, but remember your commitment.
“Motivation is a fire from within. If someone else tries to light that fire under you, chances are it will burn very briefly.” Stephen Covey
“We hold ourselves back in ways both big and small, by lacking self-confidence, by not raising our hands, and by pulling back when we should be leaning in.” Sheryl Sandberg
“The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person’s determination.” Tommy Lasorda
Check out this K12 Learning Liftoff Blog about the topic of "How a School’s Learning Environment Affects Student Achievement" - view blog by clicking here